Jump to content

Recommended Posts

H4 Visa holders are not eligible to receive an SSN (Social Security Number). They can only apply if they have obtained an H4-EAD based on the H1B Principal spouse, 's I-140. However, one may apply for a TIN (Tax Identification Number) which will help with filing taxes/opening bank accounts, etc. Please follow the link below to the IRS website to apply for a TIN number.

Apply for an Individual Tax Payer Identification Number (TIN)


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms & Conditions