Sign in to follow this  
Facebook User

Are there companies/ consultants/ staffing that can help me in this situation? Where I can initiate H1B transfer and travel on receipt.?

Hello everyone,
I am in a complicated situation and any help/ advice is appreciated.

I am a construction manager working full time. I am working on my H1B visa since oct 19.I got my H1B stamped in January from India.
On 4th April, I lost my father and since then I’ve been trying to get a flight back but not able to because of the lockdown. I expect it to be in June now.

My immigration lawyer told me that I can travel and get back for any agreed duration from my employer. I am in good terms with my employer but in this uncertain situation my present employer is not able to give me a leave of absence over 2 weeks and said I would have to resign in that case. I won’t make it back to US in 2 weeks even if I try because of the quarantine and flight situation.

I am still working with my company, but when I go back to india.. can I still find an employer in US ? If possible how does the visa process go? Do I have to apply for H1B again or apply for H1B transfer?
Can I travel to US in the grace period time? Or does it end when I leave the country?

Are there companies/ consultants/ staffing that can help me in this situation? Where I can initiate H1B transfer and travel on receipt.?

I have to go back to India and get back after taking care of everything. Also bring my mom if everything is fine and I have a job. I don’t see that happening if I resign my present company.
I want to keep my options open before I give up on any thought.
I am not sure who to approach, any advice is helpful.
Thank you

Where-I-can-initiate-H1B-transfer-and-travel-on-receipt.jpg