Sign in to follow this  
Facebook User

All, I am currently working as a Senior BI Consultant and my H1B extension is in process. I need suggestions as to how i can extend my stay in United States if my H1B extension gets rejected. I have only used 1.5 years on my H1B.

Hi All, I am currently working as a Senior BI Consultant and my H1B extension is in process. I need suggestions as to how i can extend my stay in United States if my H1B extension gets rejected. I have only used 1.5 years on my H1B.

Current situation -
I received RFE on my application and will be submitting my documents in the last week of May’2020. Since in the RFE i was asked for a client letter but my client has a policy where they do not issue client letters, the chances of denial are high as per my attorney.

Now that i have less than a month before i get the extension result i am looking for further options to stay here. I directly travelled on H1B and haven’t taken up any courses as yet. I am open to getting an MBA, Masters or a Phd. My current designation is that of a Senior BI Consultant and am open to pursue something outside of it as long as i get a job.

Lastly, what are my options if my H1B gets denied with my current employer? Can i still apply for transfer with another client, given that i have only used 1.5 years on my H1B. Has anyone transferred their H1B after it got denied? (My i94 has expired already so I understand I’ll have to go back to India and then return if the extension gets rejected).

Is there a way i do not have to go back but can have a Plan B incase my Visa gets rejected?

If anyone has been in a similar situation please share your thoughts. I just want to be prepared to either study further or look for other clients if my extension gets denied.

Thanks and looking forward to suggestions.

I-am-currently-working-as-a-Senior-BI-Consultant-and-my-H1B-extension-is-in-process.jpg