Facebook User

After PERM approval, for i140 sponsorship, Should I have to be on Employer B payroll or is it possible to change my approved perm from Employer B to employer A?

I am on H1 and don't have i140 sponsorship yet. I still have 2 years to max out but my employer doesn't file i140.

So can I have my PERM files with Employer B while working with Employer A ? After PERM approval, for i140 sponsorship, Should I have to be on Employer B payroll or is it possible to change my approved perm from Employer B to employer A??

After-PERM-approval,-for-i140-sponsorship,-Should-I-have-to-be-on-Employer-.jpg

GC sponsorship is for future employment and any Employer can file a PERM and I-140. However, you can not move a PERM to Employer B. You will have to begin the process from scratch with Employer A. The day the PERM filed by Employer B becomes your "priority date" and your I-140 will bear the same date. You can post the priority date to the new 140 by Employer A, so you don't lose your priority while waiting in a line awaiting a Greencard, please let me know if you need more information. Good luck!