Anonymous

H1B denied, MTR opened, options?

my 2018’s H1 B denied after an RFE in the month of February’19, (I got RFE on speciality occupation and Emp-Emp relationship). I asked my employer to  file a MTR to reopen my case. They said they filed it. My employer is not providing me the case number. Any one has got more idea/previous experience on MTR - motion to reopen ? Will Uscis provide a new case number or How long it takes to get a final verdict ?

Thanks in advance.

The MTR uses a form I290B and usually sent to the same service center where the case was denied. Just like an H1B, Employers  will receive a 13 Character receipt number. If the new evidence is compelling, result may come quick in about 2 months (Rare). The process may also take up to 2 years. Please note that MTR does not give you the ability to legally work.  If your I94 has expired, you must leave the country asap or get a new h1b under consular processing, if you need help setup a call with me at https://immisupport.com/help

H1B-denied,-MTR-opened,-options-.jpg