One of our Readers has shared his H1B Visa Stamping Experience at Chennai, India. He started the process with Drop-Box and waited to get the details to update under PIMS Database and finally went for an H1B Visa Interview to secure a visa. Download Template for PIMS Update
- I have submitted my documents on December 28 at a Drop-Box location in Chennai, India and they have posted my H1B documents to US Consulate on December 29. (Applied with my Spouse for H4 Visa)
- I tracked my status through VISA tracker and It was showing READY from December 29th to January 5th - I called NVC during these days and found my petition was not updated in PIMS DB and I informed my employer and finally got updated on January 5th with “Administrative processing”.
- I got mail on January 6th to collect my passport but in CEAC website it was showing “Administrative processing” so I contacted NVC and found it's under 221g for asking me to come for VISA interview.
- I collected my passport on January 7th and I got a blue slip for VISA interview during Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 8 am to 12 pm and there is no need to schedule a new appointment.
- I went to Chennai consulate on January 8th at 8 am with all the necessary documents which we usually carry for H1B visa interview and the interview was simple than I thought. She asked me the below questions
- When did you switch your job?
- How long are you working with this new employer?
- Have you changed your job in the US?
- Who is your end client?
- What is your annual salary?
- Show me your pay stubs
Finally, she said my VISA got approved
Status updates by date:
- December 28: Document submitted
- December 29: Document sent to the consulate for processing
- January 01: PIMS updated - called NVC to know this status
- January 07: Passport collected with a letter for 221g to attend the interview
- January 08: Attended the interview
- January 11: Passport ready for pickup